I love recipes that take me all of 10 minutes to prepare and that will serve a few meals during the week. This beyond-easy pasta dish is one of those recipes that I make on Sundays and portion for lunches during the week.
- ½ pound penne pasta (I use Delverde brand)
- 2 cups Basil-Packed Marinara Sauce (or other marinara sauce), warmed
- ½ cup diced fresh Mozzarella
- 3 ounces Sartori Tuscan Reserve Shaved Blend (could use grated Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta 1 minute short of indicated on the packaging.
- Toss the drained pasta into the marinara sauce.
- Add the Mozzarella to the pasta and stir to distribute evenly.
- Pour the pasta into a medium baking dish.
- Top with the shaved cheese.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet to prevent oven drips and bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 2 generous entrée-size servings.
Note: I received a sample container of Sartori Cheese that I will now add to my grocery list.