I’ve been enjoying HOT overnight oatmeal for a few years now and I’d been curious about all the cold versions I’d been seeing on Pinterest (are we connected there by the way?).
I finally made cold blueberry overnight oatmeal and it’s FANTASTIC!! Couldn’t be simpler, mix everything in a canning jar, shake and store in the fridge overnight. I had blueberries on hand so I used those, but you can use just about any fruit you have and enjoy.
I ate the cold oatmeal right out of the jar one morning and spooned in a dish with a drizzle of Quebec maple syrup the next day – both were super!
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (not quick or steel cut oats)
- ½ cup milk (I used low fat, but you could use almond or soy if you prefer)
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt (you could use a flavored version also)
- 2 drops pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (could be frozen and thawed too)
- In an 8-ounce canning jar (or other container with a tight-fitting lid) add the oats, milk, yogurt, vanilla and chia seeds. Place the lid on the jar and shake well to combine all the ingredients.
- Top the mixture with the blueberries, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
Makes one serving.