With chilly temperatures setting in, and in celebration of National Hot Buttered Rum Day today, The Shannon Rose Irish Pub is sharing a recipe for the warm and comforting cocktail.
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub’s Hot Buttered Rum will be offered for a limited time in-restaurant from January 12 – 18 in celebration of National Hot Buttered Rum Day.
Whether you opt to visit the pub for this yummy libation or prefer to make it at home – this drink is perfect for the season!
Hot Buttered Rum
Recipe Courtesy of The Shannon Rose Irish Pub
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Clove
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Mixture
- 5 fl. oz. Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum
- 6 fl. oz. Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Whipped Cream
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Using a spatula or an electric mixture with a paddle attachment, whip all the ingredients together for 5 minutes until it is light, fluffy and thoroughly combined.
- Chill until firm.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of the butter mixture into a Irish coffee mug,
- Add rum and hot water.
- Garnish with whipped cream.