These pan-fried new potatoes are so quick and easy to make that you can served them any night of the week. This recipe works well with leftover potatoes that have been refrigerated.
- 8 small red-skinned new potatoes, boiled until just tender – about 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Placed a cooled potato on a piece of paper towel.
- Fold a second piece of paper towel over the potato. Press down on the potato with the palm of your hand, causing the potato to flattened slightly.
- Add oil and butter to a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place smashed potatoes in the pan in a single layer and pan-fry for 4 minutes on each side.
- Add parsley and serve.