These are THE brownies for chocolate lovers. Almost too rich and chocolaty, but not quite by my standards. I often use these brownies to make brownie hot fudge sundaes. They are fan favorites every time.
• 3/4 cups flour
• 1/4 tsp. baking soda
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup butter
• 2 tbs. water
• 6 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
• 6 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the bittersweet and the semi-sweet chocolate chips, set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda, set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove immediately from heat.
5. Add 1 cup of the mixed chocolate chips and the vanilla to the hot sugar mixture and stir until melted and smooth.
6. Transfer the hot sugar mixture to a medium bowl. Cool completely.
7. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, to the chocolate mixture, stirring well after each one. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Incorporate remaining chocolate chips and the nuts, if using, into the batter. Pour batter into the greased pan.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Makes 9 large brownie squares.
NOTE: Get a tall glass of milk ready!