Last week, my Bracco Farms CSA was beautifully filled with various eggplants. I love eggplants but don’t cook many meals with them besides the old eggplant parmesan favorite.
While looking at delicious-looking photos of eggplants on Pinterest (are we connected there?), I found this uber simple yet delicious recipe that will now become part of my repertoire.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant lengthways. Using a sharp paring knife, score the cut side of the eggplant in a diagonal crisscross pattern – don’t cut though skin.
- Place the eggplant halves, skin side down, on a baking sheet and brush the scored sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 35 minutes or until nicely browned.
- While the eggplant is roasting, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, adjusting the seasonings to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Plate the roasted eggplant halves and spoon dipping sauce on them. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil can also be added, but is optional.
Makes 2 starters or 1 entrée.
(Inspired by this recipe).