At the end of each month, the Operations team at my day jobs works extra-long hours to ensure all sold equipment is processed, packed and shipped. Since I’m limited in what I can do to help, I typically bake something special that gives everyone an extra boost of energy. This month’s treat is my quadruple chocolate brownie cookies.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, place the butter, unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips. Cook until mostly melted, about 4 minutes, then stir until smooth. Cool for about 15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the eggs, the granulated sugar and the brown sugar. Mix for about 2 minutes, until fully combined. Add the vanilla, the baking powder and the salt. Mix for 1 minute. Incorporate the flour in three additions. Add the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix for 1 minute. By hand, stir in the milk chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets (you should have about 12 cookies per cookie sheet). Bake for 10 minutes – no more! The cookies will still be a bit giggly in the middle.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets then place on wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Notes: If you don’t have milk chocolate chips, simply replace with semi-sweet chocolate chips and call the recipe Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies!