- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 1/4 sticks (18 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 10 Tbsp. ice water, plus more if needed
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube until dough just holds together (no longer than 30 seconds).
- Divide dough in half, and shape into disks. Wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
Makes two 9″ pie crusts.