- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into small dice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped into small dice
- 3 carrots, chopped into small dice
- 1 tsp. each, salt, pepper, dry thyme
- Meat from small plain deli chicken, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 48-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup leftover Porcini Mushroom Risotto
- In a large, heavy saucepan over medium, sauté the onions, celery and carrots in oil for 10 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the seasonings and chicken pieces and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth and risotto, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes.
Makes 6-8 servings.